Have a word with your employer
If while in the line of duty you are required to apply for an additional SIA licence, you should simply ask your employer to manage the application on your behalf. In order for them to be able to do this you will need to give your employer your permission PIN. PIN numbers can be obtained by calling the SIA contact centre on 0844 892 1025.
Apply By Telephone
You can apply by telephone by calling 0844 892 1025. (Lines are open 8am until 8pm Monday-Friday).
The SIA will confirm your details over the phone. You will be asked to make a declaration and they will take a credit/debit card payment from you. The SIA state that the process takes about 15 minutes in which time they will complete standard security
Important to note:
- Debit or credit cards only for the telephone service –
- A photographic group A document must have been submitted as part of your original licence application.
- Make sure the details you provide match the ones they have on file for you. Otherwise they will not be able to complete the application over the telephone.
The SIA Online Application Form
The SIA e-Fill service lets you fill in your application form online. You are then able to print it yourself or request that the SIA print it and post to your address. You must then sign and date the hard copy version of your application, and send it to the SIA along with any supporting documentation and payment.
Click here to Register for e-Fill / login
Request an Application Form
You can request an application form by filling in the online form.
Request an application pack
Download the guidance booklet: ‘How to fill in your SIA licence application form’
- How to renew your Licence
- Apply for an additional licence
- What should I do if I change my address?
- Reporting lost, damaged or stolen licences