As with any official documentation or licence if you change your name and address, you will need to inform the SIA as soon as possible.
To work with a licence that has invalid address details is actually an offence, (See this news story where police were cracking down on licence holders in Surrey earlier this year).
Below are details on how to notify the SIA if you change your name and / or address details.
- If you have changed your name you will need to send the SIA the legal document that made the change (Decree Absolute, Deed Poll document or Marriage Certificate). You will also need to fill out their ‘Change of Personal Details‘ form.
- If you have changed your address you must write to the SIA with details of the change. This can be done by formal letter or by filling out the ‘Change of Personal Details‘ form. You will need to include a Group B document showing your new address.
The address to send documentation to is:
Security Industry Authority
PO Box 1293
- How to renew your Licence
- Apply for an additional licence
- Reporting lost, damaged or stolen licences